Lángos is a Hungarian food speciality, a deep fried flat bread made of a dough with flour, yeast, salt and water.
- 1 large potato, boiled, peeled, mashed and kept warm
- 2 teaspoons fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in half
- Place the ingredients in the order given, except the garlic, in a mixing bowl. Combine the ingredients until well moistened.
- Knead for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Transfer to a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled.
- Separate dough into 4 portions, shape into a round and place on a lightly floured board. Cover and let rest 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil to 350 degrees. Flatten and stretch dough to about an 8" diameter. Fry one at a time about 2 minutes per side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot rubbed with garlic clove and sprinkled with salt. Hungarian popular variations for toppings include sour cream, shredded cheese and garlic.
vacanta in Romania
Asian Cooking Recipes