Originally uploaded by molamoni
Hungarian Lecsó is a thick vegetable stew which consist mainly of Hungarian peppers and tomato, onion, lard, salt, sugar and ground paprika.
1. Heat the lard (I prefer smoked szalonna) in a large pot over medium-high flame.
2. Add the onions and sauté until translucent and starting to brown.
3. Add the garlic and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the paprika until well blended.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low and return the pot to the flame.
6. Stir in the peppers, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer until the peppers are cooked through and soft.
*Do not add water as the moisture from the fresh tomatoes and paprika will create the best texture. Adjust seasoning such as salt and pepper powder and serve.