Braised Red Cabbage Hungarian
Roasted Duck Braised Red Cabbage Sult kacsacomb, Parolt lila kaposztaval (Hungarian)8:32 AMZannnie
This is one of my favourite Hungarian food. It is roasted duck with braised red cabbage. My favourite way to eat it is with whipped pototo or some people called it 'mashed potato'. Here's my recipe for the Braised Red Cabbage:-
1/2 red cabbage
2 Tbsp salt
3 Tbsp oil
1-2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp caraway (cumin powder)
ground pepper to taste
• Thinly shred the cabbage.
• Generously sprinkle with salt.
• Mix well and let stand for 1 hour.
• In a saucepan, heat up the oil.
• Add the cabbage, sugar, caraway seeds and ground pepper.
• Cover and SLOWLY simmer. Do NOT add water.
• When the cabbage is “crunchy tender”