Korean Spinach Side Dish, Sigeumchi Namul | Vegetarian6:36 AMZannnie
Originally uploaded by fadingflowers
This spinach dish called “Sigeumchi namool” is one of side dishes that Koreans eat with rice. It’ll be good recipe for vegetarians.
* 1 bunch of spinach
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1 green onion
* 1.5 tbs of soy sauce
* sesame oil and sesame seeds
1. In boiling water, add 1 ts of salt and blanch a bunch of spinach for 30 seconds after removing dead the leaves and roots.
*tip: using scissors is an easy way to cut this up
2. Drain the cooked spinach and rinse it in cold water 3 times, and squeeze it gently to get the water out.
3. Cut the spinach a few times and set it aside.
4. Place 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 chopped green onion, 1.5 tbs of soy sauce and ½ tbs sesame oil in a large bowl and mix them all up with a spoon.
5. Place the spinach into the sauce and mix by hand.
6. Transfer the spinach onto a serving plate and sprinkle ½ tbs of toasted sesame seeds.
Adapted by: Maangchi
Asian Cooking Recipes