Thit Heo NuongIngredients
1. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2. 1/4 cup honey
3. 1/4 cup Asian fish sauce
4. 4 garlic cloves, minced
5. 2 medium shallots, minced (an onion will also do)
6. 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
7. 1 tbsp of grated ginger
9. 8 thin, center-cut pork loin chops on the bone (about 6 ounces each) or
4 regular size chops as seen here
1. In a large bowl, combine the vegetable oil with the honey, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, shallots and pepper. Add the pork chops, turn to coat thoroughly with the marinade and refrigerate overnight.
2. Light a grill. Lightly season the pork chops with salt. Brush the grill with oil and cook the pork chops over very high heat until nicely charred and just cooked through. Scatter peanuts on top and serve right away with Jasmine Rice with Carrot Relish.